This Acceptable Use Policy (also referred to as AUP or Fair Use Policy), hereinafter “AUP”, sets out how Portflow may be used. Portflow is offered and developed by Drieam B.V., hereinafter “Drieam”, located at Don Boscostraat 4, 5611 KW in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Through reasonable use of the application by all users, access, and service for all users can be guaranteed. By using Portflow you agree to the AUP.
Portflow is an online application that provides a digital portfolio to educational institutions. In this application, students can collect artifacts (evidence) of learning activities and outcomes. The portfolio or parts of the portfolio can be shared with others to collect feedback.
By using Portflow, you agree to do so responsibly and not to misuse Portflow or assist anyone else to do so. You declare that you have all necessary rights, authority, and permissions to use Portflow and share your content and that you will comply with all applicable laws in doing so. Misuse that is not permitted includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Use contrary to applicable laws;
- Use as a file sharing or exchange platform – other than for the purpose of retrieving feedback;
- Uploading files for purposes other than reflecting one’s own learning or providing feedback;
- Uploading files that are unnecessarily large: larger than the necessary file size to provide insight into the learning and development process or to provide feedback on it;
- Uploading and/or sharing content or files of which the intellectual property is not owned by the uploader, or where the rights to do so have not been acquired, this also applies to derivatives of this content;
- Post and/or share objectionable content (libelous, obscene, deceptive, defamatory, pornographic, racist, sexual, hateful, unlawful, illegal or otherwise objectionable) – other than strictly necessary for educational or instructional purposes;
- Harm, harass, threaten, impersonate anyone, anything or any organization, or violate the rights of third parties;
- Interfere with the integrity or performance of Portflow;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to Portflow or its related systems or networks;
- Introduce, post and/or share viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, or other such malicious code;
- Bypassing or breaking security or authentication measures;
- Sending unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- Use for commercial purposes;
- Sending altered, misleading or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- Modify, translate, adapt, merge, create derivative works from, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of Portflow;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit any part of Portflow in any form or by any means unless specifically authorized to do so;
- Use which is harmful, defamatory, or misleading to Drieam B.V. in any way or use that can cause Drieam legal liability;
- Use Portflow on hardware and/or software that does not have the latest security updates or patches or is no longer supported by the manufacturer or developer;
- Use of Portflow as a non-natural person or as a non-individual;
Drieam may review your conduct and content metadata for compliance with this AUP. In case of violation of the AUP, Drieam reserves the right to remove content from Portflow, or suspend or terminate access to Portflow at any time and without notice to the end user. Drieam will always contact the contracted institution before taking action on removing content, suspending or terminating access. The institution might inform end users of any actions. That being said, Drieam has no obligation to act on violations. Drieam is not responsible for the content people post and share through the service. You are free to stop using Portflow at any time.
In case you’d like to dispute a decision of Drieam (e.g., on the removal of content or the occurrence of any misuse as described in these terms), please contact your institution’s IT department.
Please note that the AUP may be subject to change at any given time. The most recent version can always be found at drieam.com/portflow/aup. Drieam will inform the institutions of any significant changes to this policy that meaningfully reduce your rights. If you do not agree with this AUP, you should and may not use Porflow.
||15 Apr 2023
||2 May 2023
||Translated into English, added contact clause and changelog
||9 May 2023
||Added information on collaboration on enforcement with the contracted institution and simplified the Enforcement section
||7 July 2023
||Specified analysis procedure for enforcement to be focussed on metadata rather than on content