‘Peers’ is the latest major new feature that is added to FeedPulse. Peers is mainly deployed and used by students themselves. In Peers, students (or teachers) can create a checkpoint for their group (from Canvas). They provide feedback on themselves and on each group member. Because the teacher is not involved in the Peer workflow, the workflow may look different from the normal FeedPulse workflow. A possible workflow could be:
- Student creates a checkpoint;
- Student fills in feedback about himself and the other group members;
- The student hands in his feedback for the checkpoint;
- The student sees what he has written about himself;
- The student sees the anonymous feedback that other group members have provided about the student;
- The teacher will be able to see all feedback per student (anonymous), but cannot give feedback or rating himself;
Tip: If you want to use the Peers component in your course, carefully consider the feeling of security that students should have in giving feedback and receiving anonymously from fellow students. Discuss giving and receiving feedback!